From delicious brownies to overloaded chocolate cookies, Check out some mouth-watering baked desserts to fill your home with the comforting aroma of these sweet treats.
Winter season is a magical time of the year, but it can also be a chilly and dreary season. One of the best ways to combat the cold weather is by warming up your home with the delicious aroma of homemade baked goods. Baking is a great activity to do on a cold winter day, it is a perfect way to spend some quality time with your loved ones, and it will also fill your home with the comforting aroma of sweet treats. From classic cookies to rich pies, there are so many tasty recipes to choose from when it comes to winter baking. Whether you’re an experienced baker or a beginner, there’s something for everyone. Here are some delicious winter desserts that you must try. (Also read: Healthy and delicious winter recipes for your kids )
1 . Chocolate Cookies
(Recipe by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
1¼ cups refined flour
½ cup butter
¾ cup castor sugar
one teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
A pinch salt
¼ cup walnuts
1 . Preheat oven at 180ºC. Line a baking tray with a parchment paper.
2 . Cream butter and castor sugar in a bowl till soft and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence plus whisk well.
3. Sieve togetherflour and cocoa powder in the butter-sugar mixture. Add baking soda and salt and fold well.
4. Roughly chop walnuts, add to theprepared mixture. Add chocolates chips and mix well to make a dough.
5. Divide the dough into equal portions, shape them into cookies and place on a lined baking tray.
6. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and cool. Serve.
2 . Choco almond muffin
(Recipe simply by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)
Cocoa powder 4 tbsp
Refined flour coarsely ground 2 tbsp
Almonds chopped 10-12
Sugar 1 cup
Refined flour (maida) 3 tbsp
Butter melted 4 tbsp
1 . Preheat oven to 180ºC. Break eggs into a bowl.
2 . Add sugar and blend with a hand blender till frothy. Sieve refined flour plus cocoa powder into a dish. Add coarsely ground almonds and mix.
3. Add this flour mixture gradually to the eggs, mixing with the blender continuously. Add melted butter and mix.
four. Pour the batter into muffin moulds till half full. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top and bake in the preheated oven for twenty to twenty five minutes.
5. Serve hot.
3. Eggless Chocolate Brownie
(Recipe by Chef Ranveer Brar)
For brownie batter
1 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
½ mug butter
1 cup curd, beaten
1 cup caster sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
a few tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup walnuts, roughly cut,
1 . Butter an 8″ square pan and preheat your oven to 180C.
2 . In a saucepan, add dark chocolate, butter and melt on a slow flame.
3. In a bowl, add curd, caster sugars and mix it good till the sugar dissolves.
4. Include the cooled chocolate mixture and mix it well. Add in the flour, cacao powder and baking natural powder. Fold in the walnuts
5 Transfer the batter to the baking dish.
6. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes-35 minutes. Let the brownies cool completely.
7. Cut them in to desired shapesthem, garnish it with ice cream, chocolate syrup and mint leaves plus serve.
easy dark chocolate recipe
+ 5 more
Personalise your news feed. Follow trending topics