Store the chocolate almond toffee in an airtight container – and be sure to share! It makes a very sweet gift for friends and family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the sugar, water and butter in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring just until combined.
- Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 325 degrees F or until syrup begins to caramelize.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Working carefully and quickly, pour sugar mixture onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the mixture to free-form shape. Let it stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate over warm toffee. Spread melted chocolate in a thin, even layer over toffee.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped almonds. Allow to harden. Break into pieces.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.