Slimming World and Weight Watchers fans will love this super simple baked oats breakfast.
Made in one bowl, the cinnamon sugar dish is oats and yoghurt based, making it a filling but healthy breakfast. Instagram baker @cakeontherun says it only takes 90 seconds to cook in a microwave or 15 minutes in the oven.
It’s also perfect for vegans as it contains no butter or eggs and also works with dairy-free yoghurt. You can also avoid gluten by using gluten-free oats.
According to SurreyLive, the recipe contains less than 250 calories and serves one.
Cinnamon sugar baked oats recipe
- 5 tbsp (40-50g) porridge oats, blended or not blended
- 3 tbsp plain or vanilla yoghurt or milk + extra yoghurt to serve
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sweetener or sugar
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Plus a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar to dust
- Put everything into a breakfast bowl and mix until foamy making sure all the oats are combined from the bottom of the bowl. If you’ve got a blender, blitz oats to a powder for a few seconds as it makes the texture more cake-y. Clean the rim of the bowl with your finger.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds or transfer into a lined oven-proof dish and cook in the oven for 15 minutes on 180C/ 350F/gas mark 4.
- Tip the cake out onto a plate, top with extra yoghurt and cinnamon sugar and enjoy straight away. It is best eaten immediately.
Make it vegan – use dairy free yoghurt or milk.
Make it gluten free – use gluten free oats.
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what’s on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here