Egg-free Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe Is Four Layers of Sweet Satisfaction – 30Seconds. com
Surely you’ve noticed that over the past year that prices at the grocery store have changed, some more than others. According to NBC News , since January of 2022, prices have increased for “six popular supermarket items: orange juice, eggs, chicken breasts, fresh ground beef, bacon and bread. ”
I don’t know what you’re seeing where you are, but it seems like every day I see at least one social media post about the cost of eggs. Some people share memes and joke around about the big jump in price, while others are truly worried about the impact of Americans’ grocery bills. Surely, many are struggling due to rising costs, both at and beyond the grocery store.
Just because certain items are more expensive at the moment doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t enjoy the same foods! You just need to get creative. For example , if you love to bake (and eat! ) homemade cookies and cakes , don’t let the price of eggs get in your way. There are plenty of great egg-free recipes (like this great one for eggless chocolate chip cookies ). All you need is the willingness to do things a little differently.
Here is an egg-free chocolate cake recipe . Just taste this moist chocolate cake and ask yourself if you’re missing the eggs. I highly doubt you will! If you don’t eat it right away (again, doubtful! ), you can store it at room temperature for a few days.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups warm water
- chocolate frosting (try this dark chocolate frosting or creamy chocolates frosting )
Here’s how to make this:
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Add the vegetable oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and warm water. Mix until you reach the consistency of a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into the two greased 8-inch cake pans. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 17 to 20 minutes, or even until a skewer in the center of each cake comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once cool, cut down the center of each wedding cake to leave four thin cake layers. Place the first layer onto a flat surface and spread with frosting. Repeat the process until you are left with a four layer dessert.
- Frost between the layers and the outside of the cake.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times plus servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts . Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds .
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community , plus follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon. com and affiliated sites.