Utterly indulgent and super simple to make, these cream cheese chocolate truffles are perfect for gifting and ideal for sharing. And if you make a little extra for yourself, we promise not to tell.
You’ll need: 230g dark chocolate or 150g dark and 80g milk or white chocolate; 15ml butter, melted; 230g Lancewood Medium Fat Plain Cream Cheese at room temperature
Variations – 50g almonds, chopped; 100g Turkish apricots, chopped; 50g mixed citrus peel; 15ml coffee powder dissolved in 10ml water; 15ml brandy or rum
Coatings – cocoa powder; coconut; almonds, pistachios or peanuts, crushed; freeze-dried strawberries, crushed
- Melt the chocolate and the butter and stir until incorporated.
- Add the cream cheese to the melted mixture in small increments and beat with an electric beater until smooth.
- Add variation ingredients if using.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Roll into the coating of your choice.
Place in mini paper cups and refrigerate until serving.
* Recipe & image by Lancewood.