Many years ago, Victoria Richard submitted this chocolate strawberry chia pudding for one of our recipe contests. She blends fresh strawberries into her favorite dairy-free chocolate chia pudding for a blend that’s healthy enough for breakfast, but sweet enough for dessert.
Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding is a Blend of Nutrition and Good Taste
Victoria originally used So Delicious almond milk plus protein to make this recipe, but it has been discontinued. Consequently, we’ve updated her original recipe. If you would like to add a little extra protein, look for brands like Silk Protein Nut Milk or Orgain Protein Almond Milk. Alternatively, you can blend a little dairy-free protein into the recipe.
And don’t be afraid to play around with the flavor. You can use a chocolate milk beverage instead of plain or blend in different fruit, as Victoria suggests. Just think about which fruits are most delicious when chocolate covered!
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, plant-based, paleo, and vegetarian.
For nut-free chocolate strawberry chia pudding, omit the almonds and substitute your favorite dairy-free milk beverage for the almond milk.
Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding
Author: Victoria Richard
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 strawberries, hulled, plus additional for garnish
- Almond slivers, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, sweetener, and vanilla until the cocoa powder is fully mixed in.
- Cover the bowl and put in the refrigerator overnight, or for 2 hours if you want to enjoy it today.
- Puree the 7 strawberries in your blender. Stir the strawberry puree into your chocolate chia pudding, or add the pudding and blend if a smoother pudding is desired.
- Serve the pudding garnished with strawberries and almond slivers.
Serving size: ¾ cup Calories: 208 Fat: 12.6g Saturated fat: 1.4g Carbohydrates: 30.8g Sugar: 12.9g Sodium: 93mg Fiber: 12.5g Protein: 7.6g
More Dairy-Free Chia Seed Recipes